70% of African-Americans live in America’s inner cities or the inner-ring suburbs. Most of the following facts refer to that 70% of African-Americans. These facts are not written to throw stones at our inner city black brothers and sisters, but to eventually, bring glory to Jesus.
1. The abortion rate for African-American women is five times higher than it is for white women, accounting for 37% of all abortions in America.
2. 1 in 3 African-American men can expect to spend time in prison during their lifetimes.
3. 70% of juvenile arrests in America are African-American youths.
4. One third of all welfare recipients are African-Americans.
5. Each year, roughly 7,000 blacks are murdered. Ninety-four percent of the time, the murderer is another black person.
6. 72 percent of black babies are born out of wedlock.
7. Poverty rate among African-Americans is 36%.
8. The homicide rate among males between the ages of 14 and 17 is nearly 10 times higher for blacks than for whites and Hispanics combined.
9. The preponderance of school violence in America occurs in big-city schools attended by inner city black students.
10. Black education is in a state of shambles for elementary and high schools in most inner cities of America.
Without a doubt, the above facts are discouraging, but here’s the irony of it all:
1. Inner city African-Americans are the most devout Christian group in America and the difference is 21 percentage points higher than the next group.
2. African-Americans are even more conservative on the social issues of abortion and homosexuality than the rest of the population.
So, how can the most devout Christian group in America have, at the same time, such discouraging statistics?
(Continued in Part 5)