“American Christians are talking about the Second Coming, but half the world has never heard of the first.” (Oswald J. Smith)
A friend who is a member of a Messianic Church said, “I really believe Jesus will be coming back in the next two to three years.”
“Really? Why do you say that?” I replied.
“All the prophecies are being fulfilled and Jerusalem is ready to start sacrifices again. So, do you agree with me?” he said.
“No, I don’t.”
“How can you disagree?”
“There are 4.4 billion people in Asia and over forty percent of them have never once heard the name of Jesus. But even at that, a large percentage of those who have heard the name of Jesus don’t know how to respond. So because of the apathy and lethargy of Western churches, do you believe Jesus will write off billions of people?”
He shook his head. “I hadn’t thought of that.”
My prayer today:
Lord, stir up our American hearts to cry out to You to send out millions of laborers into the harvest fields of Asia. (Based on Luke 10:2)
Join with me on Tuesdays to fast and pray for prisoners in Asia, according to Hebrews 13:3.
1. 4.4 billion people live in Asia.
2.. 85.4% of world’s unevangelized people live in Asia. (Unevangelized means they may have heard the gospel but have no understanding on how to respond.)
3. The world’s three largest non-Christian religions – Muslim, Hindu, and Buddhists – are based in Asia.
4. Of the 37 countries of the world that are less than 10% Christian, 32 are in Asia. Of the 14 countries, that are less than 2% Christian, 12 are in Asia.
5. 600 million people live in abject poverty in the slums of Asia.
6. 85-90% of unreached people live in Asia. (Unreached means that they have never heard the name of Jesus.) (Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation)