My Aussie friend, Roger Williams, at Reality Revelations had the above video on his blog site. The video is 5 minutes long and well worth viewing, but what caught my attention was when Derek Prince spoke about the 8 exchanges which happened at the cross.
The cross is the center of the whole Christian faith. All the evil that was due us was thrust on Jesus. All the good that was due Jesus was made available to us. At the cross, 8 exchanges took place.
1. Jesus was punished that we might be forgiven.
2. Jesus was wounded that we might be healed.
3. Jesus was made sin with our sinfulness that we might be righteous with His righteousness.
4. Jesus died our death that we might receive His life.
5. Jesus endured our poverty that we might endure His abundance.
6. Jesus bore our shame that we might share His glory.
7. Jesus endured our rejection that we might have His acceptance with God the Father.
8. Jesus was made a curse that we might receive the blessing.