Pakistan: 199 million people (Islam 98.9% and Christianity .7%) Persecution Level: Extreme
Christians in Pakistan are often marginalized. They have few educational opportunities, and many live in poverty. In fact, 40% of Pakistani Christians live in slave-like conditions to Muslim businesses and are considered dogs. They are beaten, raped, abducted and murdered, but the government rarely investigates or brings their attackers to justice. Suicide bombers have targeted several churches, killing and wounding hundreds. The county’s blasphemy laws are used to target Christians, and many have been killed as a result of accusations. These blasphemy laws are so open-ended that any Muslim can accuse a Christian of speaking a blasphemy against the Koran or Mohammed and are believed by the courts. (Voice of Martyrs)
My prayer today:
Lord, help us to remember those believers who are kidnapped, abducted, imprisoned, raped, and murdered in Pakistan as though in the prison-like conditions with them. Break our hearts Lord as Your heart is broken for them.
Join with me on Tuesdays to fast and pray for prisoners in Asia, according to Hebrews 13:3.
1. 4.4 billion people live in Asia.
2.. 85.4% of world’s unevangelized people live in Asia. (Unevangelized means they may have heard the gospel but have no understanding on how to respond.)
3. The world’s three largest non-Christian religions – Muslim, Hindu, and Buddhists – are based in Asia.
4. Of the 37 countries of the world that are less than 10% Christian, 32 are in Asia. Of the 14 countries, that are less than 2% Christian, 12 are in Asia.
5. 600 million people live in abject poverty in the slums of Asia.
6. 85-90% of unreached people live in Asia. (Unreached means that they have never heard the name of Jesus.) (Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation)
2 responses to “Tuesday’s Prayers for Prisoners (3/12/2016)”
Thank you, Mr. Larry, for making us aware of what is going on and the need for prayer. I have missed these special days of fasting and prayer. God bless you!
My heart always breaks for these believers who suffer so much. God bless you.