Turkmenistan: 5.4 million people (94.9% Muslim and 3.1% Christian) Persecution Level: Severe
Turkmenistan sells its top export, natural gas, to China, Iran and Russia. Its “President for Life” died in 2006, and the current leader was elected after highly criticized elections.
Life for Christians:
Turkmenistan is one of the most closed former Soviet republics. Unregistered religious activity and worship in homes are forbidden, and religious education is greatly restricted. Police frequently raid and harass unregistered churches, while new laws have increased the penalties for illegal religious activities. (Voice of Martyrs)
My prayer today:
Lord, I pray that Turkmenistan believers pursue love, yet desire earnestly the spiritual gifts, but especially that they prophesy. Let the spiritual gifts benefit the whole nation, bringing hearts back to You. (Based on 1 Corinthians 14:1)
Join with me on Tuesdays to fast and pray for prisoners in Asia, according to Hebrews 13:3.
1. 4.4 billion people live in Asia.
2.. 85.4% of world’s unevangelized people live in Asia. (Unevangelized means they may have heard the gospel but have no understanding on how to respond.)
3. The world’s three largest non-Christian religions – Muslim, Hindu, and Buddhists – are based in Asia.
4. Of the 37 countries of the world that are less than 10% Christian, 32 are in Asia. Of the 14 countries, that are less than 2% Christian, 12 are in Asia.
5. 600 million people live in abject poverty in the slums of Asia.
6. 85-90% of unreached people live in Asia. (Unreached means that they have never heard the name of Jesus.) (Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation)
2 responses to “Tuesday’s Prayers for Prisoners (5/3/2016)”
Thank you, Mr. Larry, for leading us in prayer today for the believers and the country of Turkmenistan. I am,praying for God to show His favor to them in Miraculous and unique ways, to cover and provide for them and cause them to grow. God bless you!
I am praying along with your great prayer, too. God bless you.