What do you see when you look at the above photo?
Do you see a poor little girl walking through dirty water in a Manilla slum?
Or do you see Jesus?
Mother Teresa’s whole life was changed when the Lord asked her to go to the poor and dying people in the slums of Calcutta, India. He said that by helping the least of people, she would be ministering to Him.
“There is always the danger that we may just do the work for the sake of the work. This is where the respect and the love and the devotion come in – that we do it to God, to Christ, and that’s why we try to do it as beautifully as possible.” (Mother Teresa of Calcutta)
My prayer for today:
Lord, help us American Christians not to run aimlessly or shadow box in pretend fights, but help us to discipline ourselves so that we hear the cries of the poor and minister to You. (Based on 1 Corinthians 9:26-27)
Join with me on Tuesdays to fast and pray for prisoners in Asia, according to Hebrews 13:3.
1. 4.4 billion people live in Asia.
2.. 85.4% of world’s unevangelized people live in Asia. (Unevangelized means they may have heard the gospel but have no understanding on how to respond.)
3. The world’s three largest non-Christian religions – Muslim, Hindu, and Buddhists – are based in Asia.
4. Of the 37 countries of the world that are less than 10% Christian, 32 are in Asia. Of the 14 countries, that are less than 2% Christian, 12 are in Asia.
5. 600 million people live in abject poverty in the slums of Asia.
6. 85-90% of unreached people live in Asia. (Unreached means that they have never heard the name of Jesus.) (Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation)