Yemen: 26.5 million people (Islam 99.6% and Christianity .2%) Persecution Level: Severe
Poverty-stricken Yemen continues to suffer from an internal conflict that began in 2011. Much of the population lives in fear of violence and lacks access to food and medical care.
Life for Christians:
Persecution for Christian converts is intense, coming from family, community and the government. Several known converts were killed last year. It is illegal to proselytize Muslims, and non-Muslims are deeply discriminated against. There are believed to be a few thousand secret believers in the indigenous church. (Voice of the Martyrs)
The influence of Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) and IS appears to be growing further; AQAP recently expanded its territorial control in Southern Yemen. Meanwhile, Yemen is facing a dire humanitarian crisis. Eighty percent of the population is in need of some form of humanitarian assistance, and almost half of the population is food insecure, making Yemen’s hunger crisis one of the worst in the world. (Open Doors)
My prayer today:
Lord, out of the few thousand believers in Yemen, raise up laborers for the harvest who believe the Lord can save the nation from the kingdom of darkness whether You use many or just a few. (Based on Luke 10:2 and 1 Samuel 14:6)
Join with me on Tuesdays to fast and pray for prisoners in Asia, according to Hebrews 13:3.
1. 4.4 billion people live in Asia.
2.. 85.4% of world’s unevangelized people live in Asia. (Unevangelized means they may have heard the gospel but have no understanding on how to respond.)
3. The world’s three largest non-Christian religions – Muslim, Hindu, and Buddhists – are based in Asia.
4. Of the 37 countries of the world that are less than 10% Christian, 32 are in Asia. Of the 14 countries, that are less than 2% Christian, 12 are in Asia.
5. 600 million people live in abject poverty in the slums of Asia.
6. 85-90% of unreached people live in Asia. (Unreached means that they have never heard the name of Jesus.) (Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation)
2 responses to “Tuesday’s Prayers for Prisoners (4/19/20160”
Thank you for sharing about Yemen , Mr. Larry. What an honest look at what life is like there, for believers. And in general. Praying with you! God bless!
Like you, I’m learning about these nations and all need Christ. God bless you.