The above video (7 minutes and 20 seconds) relates the testimony of Fatima of Suadi Arabia. She was a mid-20’s, disillusioned, Muslim girl who was told by her friends that the Bible often referenced Muhammad. So, she spent hours searching the Bible looking for verses about the Muslim prophet, but found none. But what she did find was the love of Jesus Christ and became a Christian.
Fatima then became a blogger to share her love of Jesus with her countrymen. On one blog, she told how much Jesus loved the Saudia people. One person commented: “You worship a crucified, cursed Lord. We are not honored by Saudia Arabian Christians. If I had you in my hands right now, I would slaughter you twice.”
Fatima replied to the angry commenter: “May the Lord Jesus guide you and enlighten your heart…I am to death a Christian.”
Fatima’s testimony forced me to ask myself: “Am I willing to risk everything for Jesus?”
Saudi Arabia: 30.77 million people (92.4% Muslim and 5.4% Christian)
Saudi Arabia is one of the most oppressive nations in the world for Christians. Religious freedom is nonexistent, and leaving Islam is punishable by death. (Voice of the Martyrs)
My prayer today:
Lord, nothing is impossible for You. So, I ask You, the Lord of the Harvest, to raise up thousands of laborers for the harvest in Saudi Arabia to take Fatima’s place. (Based on Luke 1:37 and Luke 10:2)
Join with me on Tuesdays to fast and pray for prisoners in Asia, according to Hebrews 13:3.
1. 4.4 billion people live in Asia.
2.. 85.4% of world’s unevangelized people live in Asia. (Unevangelized means they may have heard the gospel but have no understanding on how to respond.)
3. The world’s three largest non-Christian religions – Muslim, Hindu, and Buddhists – are based in Asia.
4. Of the 37 countries of the world that are less than 10% Christian, 32 are in Asia. Of the 14 countries, that are less than 2% Christian, 12 are in Asia.
5. 600 million people live in abject poverty in the slums of Asia.
6. 85-90% of unreached people live in Asia. (Unreached means that they have never heard the name of Jesus.) (Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation)